In today's MARIN8D we talk about a few simple principles we apply to create opportunities for ourselves. If you haven't yet, watch the video to the left, and when you're finished feel free to dive into the exercises below!
- When you think about living your dream reality or having a ideal job situation what holds you back? List all the things you fear, worry about, obstacles in your way, etc. These are your belief systems that keep you tied to your current situation. How can you implement or change some of these to "maybe" like we talked about in the video?
- Write a daily list of Gratitude. Daily. Everyday write at least 10 things you are grateful for. 10 things that happened that day.
- Write a story (short or long) about what one day in your dream job would look like? How does it feel?
- If you were to pretend to "work" at your dream job, what would you do? Where would you go, who would you talk to, etc. Write this down in detail.
- Take 1 day per week to "work" you dream job. Start by pretending. For instance, if you want to become a photographer go out and shoot/edit photos for a day or if you want to be a musician, write a song. Make it realistic to a "job". Set a goal and meet it by the end of the day.
- Take it a step further and begin "working" your dream job for real. Introduce yourself as such job title ex. "Hi my name is Marin & I'm a photographer". Begin to make contacts who associate you with your dream job. Find "clients" for fun ex. "I'm currently looking to expand my portfolio & exercise some new techniques, so I'd love to trade you for a photoshoot in exchange for allowing me to use the photos in my portfolio and on my website."
- Educate yourself like you're serious. Don't think your abilities are good enough? Why? And ask yourself How to make them better. Google simple things like "How to take great portraits" or "How to start a Photography Business". The more you learn the more skill-set you gain that will only amplify your success. If you're serious about your dream job, be serious about doing what it takes to become the person it takes to have that job!
So that is it for this week's exercises! Don't forget to subscribe to our blog to stay updated with more practical principles, skill, and tricks we use to create abundance in our lives! Also, feel free to ask questions in the comments below.
Love & Aloha!